2011-2012 Supplementary Tables
User Fees Reporting
- 1. User fee: Fees charged for the processing of requests filed under the Access to Information Act (AIA)
- 2. Fee type: Other products and services
- 3. Fee-setting authority: Access to Information Act
- 4. Year last modified: 1992
- 5. Performance standards: Response is to be provided within 30 days following receipt of a request. The response time may be extended pursuant to Section 9 of the AIA. Notice of extension is to be provided within 30 days after receipt of the request.
- 6. Performance results:
- Of the 25 AIA requests received in 2011-2012 and carried over from 2010-2011, 92 per cent were completed during the reporting year.
- SWC was able to respond in 30 days in 53 per cent of the completed cases. Responding time for the remaining cases was:
- 13 per cent within 31-60 days
- 4 per cent within 61-120 days
- 30 per cent within 121 days or more
|7. 2011-2012 (in dollars)||11. Planning years (in dollars)|
SWC collects user fees for information requests in accordance with the AIA. The total user fees collected in 2011-2012 represent application fees only. SWC did not collect preparation, search or reproduction fees.
In 2011-2012, SWC enhanced its information processing system, offered in-house training and disseminated information on the various sections of SWC, including protection of personal information. As a result, the processing steps were reduced by 50 per cent and paper consumption by 80 per cent.
Note: According to prevailing legal opinion, where the corresponding fee introduction or most recent modification occurred prior to March 31, 2004:
- the performance standard, if provided, would not have received parliamentary review;
- the performance standard, if provided, may not respect all established requirements under the User Fees Act; and
- the performance result, if provided, is not legally subject to Section 5.1 of the User Fees Act regarding fee reduction of unachieved performance.
- Date modified: