- Supported the engagement process which led to the establishment of a Commission on the Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.
- As part of the social infrastructure funding, an unprecedented investment of $89.9M was committed in Budget 2016 to support the construction or renovation of over 3,000 shelter spaces. This will address the serious shortage of accommodation for women and children fleeing violence.
- Significant results in GBA+ capacity building: a 500% increase in the number of civil servants who completed the online GBA+ course; a strong all-of-government commitment to integrate GBA+ in decision making; and concrete action taken by the Canadian Armed Forces to integrate GBA+ in all activities.
- Increased stakeholder institutional capacity to address violence against women and girls, e.g. sexual violence on campus.
- The launch of a web-based interactive platform to engage with community-based organizations and stakeholders, and facilitate sharing of best practices.
Actual Spending = $29,542,401
Actual FTEs = 99
- Date modified: