2014-2015 Supplementary Tables
Details of Transfer Payment Programs
1. Name of Transfer Payment Program: Women's Program - Grants and Contributions to women's and other organizations for the purpose of furthering women's participation in Canadian society (Voted)
2. Start date: 1973
3. End date: Ongoing
4. Fiscal Year for Ts & Cs: Program Terms and Conditions were amended by Minister in 201-13; further amendments with Treasury Board in 2013-14.
5. Strategic Outcome: Equality between women and men is promoted and advanced in Canada.
6. Program: Advancing Equality for Women
7. Description: Through this Program, SWC supports action and innovation by investing in initiatives that work to bring about equality between women and men. The Program provides grant and contribution funding to Canadian organizations to support community-based action by carrying out projects that will lead to equality in communities across Canada. Funded projects occur at the national, regional and local levels and work to help create conditions for success for women in Canada.
Projects address the economic and social situation of women and their participation in democratic life. They are diverse in nature and scope and apply a variety of approaches and strategies to address the complexity of the issues affecting women. Specifically, the Program invests in projects that incorporate gender considerations, and increase and strengthen access to a range of opportunities, supports, information, resources and services, tools, etc. Projects work with stakeholders such as: women's and community organizations, public institutions and the private sector.
The Program also facilitates collaboration, networking and partnerships to promote equality and the advancement of women in Canada. SWC facilitates networking; develops partnerships where needed to address horizontal issues impacting women and girls; shares knowledge; and assists organizations working to advance women's equality to gain access to expertise, resources and tools.
The Women's Program does not provide repayable contributions.
8. Expected results:
i. Women and communities have access to supports to address issues relating to equality between women and men; and
ii. Communities and stakeholders have access to opportunities to advance equality between women and men.
This table describes the details of the Women's Program (start and end dates, mandate, spending, results, planned evaluation, engagement, etc.)
|13. Total grants||14.250||14.750||14.750||14.750|
|Total other types of transfer payments||—||—||—||—|
|14. Total transfer payments||19.033||19.033||18.950||18.950|
15. Fiscal Year of Last Completed Evaluation: 2011-2012
16. Decision following the Results of Last Evaluation: Continuation
17. Fiscal Year of Planned Completion of Next Evaluation: 2016-2017
18. General Targeted Recipient Group: Non-profit organizations
19. Initiatives to Engage Applicants and Recipients: The client engagement strategy for the Women's Program was developed to strengthen relations with clients to ensure quality programming that translates into meaningful results for women. The Women's Program continues to support and guide the implementation of the strategy and ongoing client engagement efforts. Efforts will continue to include, for example, connecting stakeholders to facilitate partnerships and knowledge sharing.
- Date modified: