Stop Abuse in Your Life
Stop abuse in your relationship
- Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend, family member, teacher, school counselor or coach.
- Call the Kids Help Phone toll-free at 1-800-668-6868. It operates 24/7, 365 days a year. Someone will listen and help you. You can read more about abuse and coping strategies at Kids Help Phone
- Call a local distress or sexual assault centre.
- Call 911 or the police.
Help a friend you believe is being abused
- Talk to your friend about it. Don’t ignore the signs and think it will go away.
- Encourage your friend to seek help from a trusted adult, call the Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 or visit Kids Help Phone.
- Call the police or tell an adult you trust if you witness your friend being slapped, hit, hurt or assaulted in any way.
- Date modified: